Powered Now has launched its mobile admin app for iPads and iPhones, designed to take the pain out of paperwork and payment for plumbers, electricians, builders and anyone who works in the field at customers’ premises.
It allows tradespeople to do everything from taking notes and photos of a mob, emailing the estimate and letting the customer accept it, then managing the work right through to invoicing and taking payment by credit/debit card or PayPal.
Everything can be done while with the client, with all information held in one place, automatically backed up to the cloud whenever there is a wi-fi connection. If a device is lost or damaged, data can be downloaded to the replacement or accessed via a browser.
There is a 14-day trial and free edition of the app. The full version costs subscribers £49.99 per annum or £4.99 per month, including VAT.
Electrician, Mark Box comments: “My paperwork took me a day a month and I always hated that day. With Powered Now the ease of recording work and providing invoices makes me more efficient and professional.”
Powered Now states that an Android version of the app is currently in the pipeline.
This is what Powered Now gives its users:
- Saves time, so you can make money: Cuts the time needed to do your admin so you get to spend more time earning.
- Easy to use and fits how you work: Many software solutions force companies into a specific, prescriptive way of working as they are really built for the benefit of accountants or admin staff, not the business owners. Powered Now gives complete control so you can run your business the way you like.
- Minimum effort: Powered Now is built to minimise the amount of typing and number of times you have to input information. Notes can be turned into quotes or invoices with a press of a button and you can control how much (or little) information you show to your customers.
- Everything in one place: Instead of having customer details, costings, worksheets etc on separate bits of paper, everything is stored in one place, and is automatically backed-up in the cloud. Even if you break or lose your iPad/iPhone you can just log into a new one and go.
- You’re easy to do business with: Quotes, estimates and invoices can be sent to customers via email and text message. The customer can accept or reject quotes and pay an invoice online, speeding up a process that is labour intensive and sometimes complicated.
- Easy to take payment: Powered Now gives tradespeople the ability to accept payment via credit/debit cards or PayPal; there are no special hardware requirements or expensive monthly fees. And the reporting is accountant and book keeper-friendly too, including an option to extract information into a file that imports directly to the accounting system.