H&V News takes a look at some of the leading players in the commercial boiler market
Product names, outputs and gross efficiencies
- Paramount two, 30 kW-115 kW, 88 per cent full and 98 per cent part load (30 per cent)
- Eurocondense three, 125 kW-300 kW, 88 per cent full and 96 per cent part load (30 per cent)
- Sirius WH, 50 kW-110 kW, 87 per cent full and 96 per cent part load (30 per cent)
- Sirius FS, 45 kW-160 kW, 86 per cent full and 96 per cent part load (30 per cent)
- Wall-hung (Paramount two, Sirius WH)
- Frame-mounted (Paramount two, Sirius WH)
- Floor-standing (Eurocondense three, Sirius FS)
- Back to wall (Paramount two, Sirius WH)
What flue types can you offer?
Everything to meet individual installation needs, from conventional and concentric/balanced flues to room sealed kits.
What fuel types can you offer?
The Paramount two, Eurocondense three, Sirius FS and Sirius WH are designed to operate on either natural gas or LPG. All options offer excellent efficiencies.
What are the NOX emissions from your boilers?
- Paramount three: <20 mg/kWh
- Eurocondense three: <35 mg/kWh
- Sirius WH: <39 mg/kWh
- Sirius FS: <39 mg/kWh
Which of your products qualify for the enhanced capital allowance scheme?
The Paramount two and Sirius WH wall hung boilers and Sirius FS floor-standing boilers are on the Energy Technology List and qualify under the Enhanced Capital Allowance scheme.
What heat exchanger material do you use?
- Aluminium silicon alloy (Paramount two and Eurocondense three)
- Stainless steel (Sirius WH and Sirius FS)
Can your commercial boilers be installed in a cascade system?
Yes, modular applications are achievable. For the Paramount two (30 kW-115 kW) up to four boilers can be cascaded in line, or eight boilers back-to-back, using modular headers.
The Sirius WH (50 kW-110 kW) can be used in a formation of up to four boilers in line, or eight boilers back-to-back, using modular headers, while the Sirius FS (45 kW-160 kW) can be installed in a modular formation using up to four boilers with modular headers.
The Eurocondense three (125 kW-300 kW), can be used in a cascade of up to four boilers in line.
What controls do you offer?
On-board controls include:
- Time control
- Weather compensation
- Frost protection
- Automatic summer/winter changeover
Optional extras include:
- Room controllers for time and temperature control, plus optimisation and night setback
- Hot water controls
- Sequence controls
- Zone controls
What will be the most important development for condensing boilers?
The trend for more compact boilers capable of delivering higher outputs will continue, as the number of retrofit and refurbishment projects increases.
One of the most important developments will be that these boilers compliment emerging LZC technology, such as heat pumps, solar thermal and mini-CHP (all available from Baxi Commercial), to minimise dependence on fossil fuels and continue to reduce carbon emissions in the UK.
What features distinguish your products from others in the market?
A comprehensive and high quality product range, dedicated nationwide sales force, extensive technical back-up and an innovative 10-year warranty* make Potterton Commercial and its condensing boilers the logical choice.
Providing boiler erection/assembly and commissioning services throughout the UK, Potterton Commercial has national coverage for both sales and service. We can therefore offer site surveys via our sales team or service network as required, plus annual service and maintenance contracts.
(*subject to conditions)