H&V News takes a look at some of the leading players in the commercial boiler market
Product names, outputs and gross efficiencies
- Buderus GB162, 65 kW-100 kW, up to 97.5 per cent
- Buderus GB312, 90 kW-280 kW, up to 97.8 per cent
- Buderus SB 315, 50 kW-115 kW, up to 97.4 per cent
- Buderus SB 615, 145 kW-640 kW, up to 97.1 per cent
- Buderus SB 735, 790 kW-1,200 kW, up to 97.6 per cent
- Buderus GE315 PLUS, 115 kW-260 kW, up to 96.5 per cent
- Buderus GE515 PLUS, 240 kW-580 kW, up to 96.5 per cent
- Buderus GE615 PLUS, 645 kW-1,150 kW, up to 96.5 per cent
- Buderus G215, 68 kW-83 kW, up to 86.3 per cent
- Buderus GE315, 86 kW-230 kW, up to 87 per cent
- Buderus GE515, 201 kW-510 kW, up to 87.1 per cent
- Buderus GE615, 511 kW-1,200 kW, up to 87.4 per cent
A range of steel high efficiency and condensing boilers for industrial applications is also available with outputs of up to 19,200 kW.
- GB162 Range - Wall-hung gas condensing & cascade (Alu-Plus heat exchanger)
- GB312 Range - Floor-standing pre-mix condensing & cascade (cast aluminium heat exchanger)
- SB Range - Floor-standing pressure jet condensing (stainless steel heat exchanger)
- GE Plus Range - Floor-standing pre-mix condensing with secondary heat exchanger (cast iron)
- SB825 Range - Floor-standing pressure jet steel with integral secondary heat exchanger
- G/GE Range - Floor-standing (cast iron)
- S Range - Floor-standing steel
What flue types can you offer?
Buderus condensing boilers can be used with a variety of flue gas systems. All products listed can be installed with either room sealed or open vented concentric flues. We also provide a range of high quality cascade flue kits for multi-boiler GB162 systems up to 600 kW.
What fuel types can you offer?
Gas, LPG and oil (back-up fuel).
What are the NOx emissions from your boilers?
- GB162: 28-39mg/kWh
- GB312: 30-70mg/kWh
- SB 315, SB 615, SB 735, GE315 PLUS, GE515 PLUS, GE615 PLUS, G215, GE315, GE515, GE615: 65-100 mg/kWh (burner dependent).
Which of your products qualify for the enhanced capital allowance scheme?
All products listed above.
What heat exchanger material do you use?
Buderus condensing boilers all work on the principle of a single condensing heat exchanger in either cast aluminium or stainless steel to maximise efficiency.
The GB162 boilers use an advanced ALU Plus heat exchanger which increases durability, eliminates mechanical cleaning, and provides efficiencies of up to 109 per cent net calorific value. A secondary condensing heat exchanger can be added to our GE range.
Can your commercial boilers be installed in a cascade system?
GB162 (130 kW-800 kW) in a single boiler cascade with up to eight boilers. Multiple cascade boilers can be easily linked using the Buderus MCM10 cascade sequencing control.
What controls do you offer?
Buderus manufactures a comprehensive range of modular controls, with intelligent energy management functions and detailed system diagnostics.
What will be the most important development for condensing boilers?
Commercial condensing boilers and energy management controls that work in harmony with emerging renewable technologies will be the choice of investors.
It is possible for all Buderus condensing boilers listed here to be combined with Buderus’ range of SKS and SKN commercial solar thermal collectors.
What features distinguish your products from others in the market?
Innovations include the award-winning ALU-Plus spiral channel heat exchanger in the GB162 range, ‘Thermostream’ cast iron boiler protection in the GE range, ‘Kondens+’ crimped stainless steel heating surface technology in the SB range and our advanced, user-friendly EMS modular controls.