Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Woman injured after unused back boiler explodes

A woman has been injured after an old central heating boiler exploded in her home, the Express has reported.

Susan Woods, a care worker, of Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, said she was probably saved by the coffee table in front of the fire that helped protect her from the full force of the explosion. 

Nottinghamshire Fire service said: “We would urge anyone who believes they may have disused solid fuel back boiler in their home to seek professional advice about the appropriate protection or venting of the system, or having it removed completely.”

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.