The Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service has shown its support for the ninth National Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week.
Running from Monday, 17 November to Sunday, 23 November, the week supports the many victims of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, their families and friends, and campaigns for greater awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide associated with the burning of gas, oil, coal and wood.
Online heating oil supplier BoilerJuice has also teamed up with charity CO Awareness to help promote the danger of CO poisoning.
Hoping to spread the word to homeowners across the country, BoilerJuice has created an informative infographic designed to teach people how to identify the symptoms of CO poisoning, as well as what steps to take if they think they may be suffering from it.
According to figures released by Gov.uk, CO poisoning causes approximately 50 deaths each year, with over 4,000 people across England and Wales attending A&E as a result of CO exposure.
Runcorn and Widnes World recently reported hundreds of households in Halton were unaware they were using unsafe gas appliances every day.
Three-hundred-and-six cookers, fires and boilers in Runcorn and Widnes were found to be unsafe by National Grid engineers.
One in six households across the North-west was found to have an unsafe appliance when inspected.
Unsafe appliances can lead to leaks, incidents of CO poisoning or even fires and explosions.