The National Skills Academy for Environmental Technologies has launched an online resource to provide a comprehensive introduction to the Green Deal and the Energy Company Obligation (ECO).
Designed primarily for installers operating in the building services engineering and construction sectors, the resource is also available for anyone wanting to develop their knowledge and understanding of what the Green Deal and the ECO entails.
Details are also included on the funding options available for energy efficiency improvements.
National Skills Academy executive director Cathryn Hickey explained: “Green Deal training really comes to life with our new online course.
“This interactive tool is highly engaging, enabling quick and easy access to additional documents, policies and snippets of information, which all help to provide a solid grounding in the government’s new scheme.
“Users can review information at any time and even test their knowledge at the end of each module.”
By the end of the course users should be able to:
- State what the Green Deal is and why it was introduced;
- Explain the fundamental principles of how the Green Deal operates;
- State what the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is and why it was introduced;
- Explain the fundamental principles of how the ECO operates;
- Identify the various funding options for property owners wanting to make energy efficiency improvements;
- Explain the requirements and steps to become a certified Green Deal Installer.