Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

NAPIT non-executive director awarded MBE

NAPIT’s Chris Bielby, who is also chair of trustees at The Gas Safety Trust, has been made an MBE in the Queen’s birthday honours.

The award is in recognition of his services to the promotion of gas safety and carbon monoxide awareness.

In response to the news of Bielby’s achievement, NAPIT Chief executive, John Andrews said: “I have known Chris for a number of years and his determination to ensure only Competent Tradesmen undertake Gas work in the home closely matches my stance for the electrical sector.

“It is good to see that all his efforts to raise standards over the years are at last being rewarded in this way.”

According to statistics from the HSE (Health and Safety Executive), every year there are around 15 deaths and many more (non-fatal) casualties suffered as a result of CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained or ventilated, highlighting the vital importance of Chris’ work.

NAPIT have always been committed to promoting safety and have been a strong supporter of the charity CO-Awareness, founded by Lynn Griffiths, for over six years. CO-Awareness believe exposure to carbon monoxide to be “grossly under reported, possibly affecting millions of people in this country each year”.

More information on the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning can be found on Lynn’s website, CO-Awareness