Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Man dies of suspected CO poisoning

A man has died of suspected gas poisoning in Brentford and another person is in hospital, getwestlondon has reported.

Officers were called to a block of flats in Manor Vale, just off Boston Manor Road, on Monday (7 September) at 10:00 after paramedics recorded high carbon monoxide levels there, a police spokesman told getwestlondon.

Officers broke down the door of a property and found a man, believed to be in his 60s, who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police believe they know the man’s name, but he has yet to be formally identified.

A second person from a neighbouring property was taken to hospital with suspected CO poisoning. Police have not revealed that person’s gender nor yet commented on their condition.

The Met said the National Grid had been called and neighbouring properties in the block were evacuated as a precaution while safety checks were carried out.

They have urged people to invest in a CO alarm and to ensure their gas appliances are checked by a Corgi-registered gas engineer.

A spokesman for the National Grid said it was called to flats in Boston Manor Road shortly after 9:30 and had checked the external gas mains and service pipes, which were found to be working correctly.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.