Retailer is latest to promise expansion in domestic jobs as its rolls out installation and maintenance service into new regions
John Lewis has become the latest national player to offer the carrot of increased work for heating contractors and installers, expanding its Home Solutions operation into new regions and seeking ’skilled trade professionals’ to apply via its vetting process.
The retailer has added Boilers, Heating and Gas to its Home Solutions portal and is expanding from its current sphere of operations in Milton Keynes, Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Gloucester and Taunton, to include southwest London and Berkshire early next year. Recruitment for installers and contractors for London and Berkshire is taking place now, the retailer said.
The company is naturally looking to align the service with its retail brand values, so says it will be setting a high bar for tradespeople.
Head of Home Solutions, John Cotter, who is responsible for leading the initiative’s development and national rollout, said: ”“We only accept the best of the best, so it’s a real achievement for a tradesperson to become part of our team. We stand behind their work with a full 12-month guarantee on their labour to our customers, so we’ve got to be sure they’re up to the job.”
The retailer promises a number of advantages for ’the tradespeople that make the cut’, including:
- The service is free for trades, with no membership fees or bidding for jobs
- Guaranteed payment within seven working days from completion of the job, with no paperwork to complete
- Additional new and repeat business and access to John Lewis and Waitrose customers
- Free marketing support, including use of the Home Solutions brand on clothes and vans
- An easy-to-use app that allows them to run an entire job – from initial customer contact to estimating and payment – from their smartphone or tablet
- Fair and transparent pricing for both trades and customers
- A highly experienced field team of John Lewis experts who can assist them on a peer-to-peer basis, and a voice on the trade council that consults with the Home Solutions leadership team.
John Lewis quotes the experience of Cardiff-based heating installer William Jenkins. He said: ”I have already found working with John Lewis has opened doors for me and helped create fantastic opportunities for my future business.’’
Tradespeople interested in joining the Home Solutions team can sign up on the Home Solutions site at johnlewishomesolutions.co.uk/trades