Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Industry responds to Hull family's heating needs

A new heating system has been installed in the family home of a critically ill three-year-old child, thanks to the generosity of individuals and companies in the North of England.

Stuart Pooley, father of Georgiana - who suffers from acute lymphoblastic leukaemia - requested assistance from merchant Ian Pratt of MKM Anlaby, Keith Eames of MKM Hull and Stelrad Radiators.

This was escalated to the Gas Chat Facebook group by Martin Train, which resulted in offers of assistance from installers located around the North with further valuable help provided by Ideal Boilers and Geberit.

The result was that a complete heating system – including a Vogue combi boiler, 11 Stelrad radiators and a towel rail – was installed at the weekend, with installers attending from as far afield as Liverpool and Nottingham.

Mr Train described the response to his Facebook post as “truly overwhelming”.

Installer Allen Hart said: “Having lost my own daughter to cancer at the age of three, I understand what Stuart’s family is going through.

“I’ve spent the past 10 years working with Candlelighters Children’s Charity, which is based in the same hospital where Georgiana is receiving treatment, so I knew I had to help.”

Mr Pooley said: “It is so amazing how many fantastic people are supporting us throughout these difficult times.

“We were really starting to worry coming into the winter months as Georgi has a very low immune system and is therefore at high risk of contracting cold and flu.

“We witnessed this first-hand last year, when she ended up on the high dependency unit at Leeds General Infirmary for several weeks, where she was extremely poorly.”