Households in Cleethorpes have been urged to take up an offer of free carbon monoxide detectors, the Grimsby Telegraph has reported.
North East Lincolnshire Council has joined the campaign to make more homes safer from the silent killer.
The free giveaway comes days after Humberston and North Sea Lions pledged to give free detectors away and have them fitted in homes.
Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be caused by unsafe central heating systems, gas cookers or gas fires.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires and explosions, as well as carbon monoxide poisoning.
Gas engineers carrying out works in homes should be checked as having a Gas Safe Register ID card.
Meanwhile, national safety organisation CO-Gas Safety, which advises MPs, has urged people to make a carbon monoxide detector a Christmas gift to a loved one.