The Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) has announced the second release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF).
The DECC said it would be providing further details of the rates, measures and customer terms and conditions before opening to applications.
In the meantime, those thinking of applying need to have the following paperwork to complete an application:
- A Green Deal Advice Report or an Energy Performance Certificate that is less than two years old and that recommends the measure(s) applied for.
- A quote for each energy-saving improvement for which an application is made.
The quote must include:
- the applicant’s name;
- the address of the property to be improved;
- the name of the installer or provider doing the work, which must be registered to install measures under the GDHIF; and
- the total estimated cost of the work to install each measure, inclusive of VAT if applicable and any discount or refund to be applied (either before or after payment) and excluding any finance interest or cost..
Those applying for the scheme must be the owner or occupier of the property they are improving.