Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

CO alarm saves family from poisoning

Firefighters have rescued a family in East Cowes, Isle of Wight, after a gas leak in their home.

A carbon monoxide alarm in the house picked up the poisonous gas at the property on Yarborough Road, East Cowes in the early hours of 13 February.

Once the two adults and two children had been led to safety, the gas board was able to isolate the gas supply to the house.

The leak is thought to have been caused by a problem with plumbing in the house.

Fire crews said no one was hurt during the incident.