Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Children taught dangers of carbon monoxide

Children are learning about the dangers of carbon monoxide in the classroom, Runcorn and Widnes World has reported.

Lynn Griffiths, president of the charity Carbon Monoxide Awareness and founder of Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week, has secured funding from Halton Housing Trust to develop an educational pilot project for primary and secondary schools.

Pupils at Halton Lodge Primary School were the first to experience the result.

Ms Griffiths has been campaigning since her family was poisoned 16 years ago because of a blocked flue from the fire in the living room of their former home.

Ms Griffiths said: “It was fantastic. The children created 30 drawings to highlight the dangers, such as not taking barbecues into tents and caravans and the need to keep homes ventilated. I’m hoping we can roll this programme out nationally.”

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.