Presentation of this year’s Yorkshire Training Awards took place during the annual ball organised by the Yorkshire Region of the Building & Engineering Services Association (B&ES).
The awards went to 12 employees of seven companies – all of which have Yorkshire-based operations:
- Building Services Technician Merit Award: Daniel Atkin of N G Bailey, Ilkley.
- Building Services Technician Award: Adam James of N G Bailey, Ilkley.
- Building Services Incorporated Engineer Award: Stephen James of N G Bailey, Ilkley.
- Heating and Ventilation Craftsman Merit Award: Sam Hill of Mitton Mechanical Services, Bradford.
- Heating and Ventilation Installer Merit Award: Samuel Johnson of G&H Building Services, Leeds.
- Heating and Ventilation Craftsman Merit Award: Josh Skitt of Shepherd Engineering Services, York.
- Heating and Ventilation Installer Award: Dale Wood of Shepherd Engineering Services, York.
- Heating and Ventilation Craftsman Award: Patrick Sean O’Leary of N G Bailey, Ilkley.
- Plumbing Level 2 Award: Ashley Turner of J H Shouksmith & Sons, Osbaldwick.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Level 2 Award: Thomas Bulloch and Nathan Austin, both of Crowther & Shaw, Huddersfield.
- Service and Maintenance Level 2 Award: James Elsworth of Airedale Maintenance Services, Guiseley, Leeds.
- Electro-technical Level 2 Award: Josh Derry of Shepherd Engineering Services.
Commenting on the awards activity, B&ES president Sue Sharp said: “In spite of the difficulties currently facing the sector, these hard-working young people can be confident that promising careers lie ahead of them”.