In AREA’s Vision & Strategy 2020, the European association of refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump (RACHP) contractors, identified six key areas of focus for a striving RACHP contracting sector.
“Innovations and regulations make refrigeration and air conditioning more exciting but also more complex. Users rely on expert contractors more than ever,” president Per Jonasson said.
It has identified six key priorities:
- The setting of sensible standards and regulations that support rather than obstruct our sector’s development.
- Establishing minimum education and certification requirements for low global warming potential refrigerants to ensure safe and competent handling.
- Ensuring energy efficiency is a key driver in refrigerant and system choice.
- Providing guidance on technological developments to ensure up-to-date knowledge.
- Facilitating the exchange of information and best practices within the sector through the AREA network.
- Ensuing European and international co-operation at both industrial and institutional levels.
“These priorities will guide AREA’s activities in the years to come. AREA will mobilise its structure and network to work on each objective through tangible contributions,” Mr Jonasson added.