Shouksmith Group managing director John Miller (pictured) has been elected the new president of the HVCA.
Mr Miller highlighted collaboration with the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA) as important.
Speaking at the HVCA annual general meeting, which was held in London on Thursday July 12 2007, Mr Miller assured the audience that he would remain in listening mode.
“The HVCA is a member organisation – owned and governed by the members and run for the benefit of the members. It is crucial that the president be aware of the needs of the membership as a whole.
“This is especially true in relation to the increasing collaboration and co-operation with the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA) and SELECT (Scotland's Electrical Trade Association).”
He added that the ECA was on record as having recognised the value of working more closely with the HVCA.
Mr Miller outlined his priorities as:
- developing skills and competences to meet the changing needs of the sector;
- rationalising the industry’s procedures for demonstrating competence;
- reshaping the industrial relations landscape across building services engineering;
- improving the procurement process throughout the construction industry;
- partnering with other organisations that share the Association’s values and commitment to excellence;
- ensuring that HVCA members gain maximum advantage from the fast-growing demand for sustainable technologies.