Fernox – City West Housing Trust – Fernox Quality Assurance Training
The development of the F3 Cleaner Test Kit, to identify whether central heating systems have been cleaned and treated effectively, signalled the beginning of the Fernox Quality Assurance Training initiative.
The company’s representatives visited City West Housing Trust engineers to provide on-site training for 75 engineers on how to use the kits, which were provided free of charge.
Following the training and subsequent use of the test kits, the City West boiler replacement contract received a 100 per cent laboratory check pass across the board.
This is an industry first and proves that the training and test kits helped increase flushing and commissioning performance, Fernox reports.
Savings have subsequently been received by City West Housing Trust tenants, benefiting from central heating systems working at optimum efficiency, as well as by City West through engineers not having to return to site to rectify system underflushing, reducing time spent on site and travelling to appointments.
- Blue Flame (Cornwall) – Apprentice Expansion
- BSS Industrial – Management Development Programme
- Ceilite – Safety Training Card Talks
- Central Heating Services – Complete Health & Safety for All
- Pipe Center – Modular Engineering
- Skills2Learn – e-Renewable Virtual Reality e-Learning Consortium
- SummitSkills – Skill M&E Competitions
Training Initiative of the Year is sponsored by Vaillant