Revolution Power – Newbiggin Maritime Centre
The judges agreed that Revolution Power’s efforts for the Newbiggin Maritime Centre deserved the highest recognition in this category.
The company designed and installed a renewable energy system that included 112 kW of air-source heat pumps for heating and hot water, supported by 10 sq m of solar thermal for additional water heating.
Further to this, electricity is produced by 20 kW of solar PV panels, with the company also designing and installing 1,000 sq m of underfloor heating.
Revolution Power has created a system that is fully integrated to keep running costs as low as possible.
For example, a total of eight air-source heat pumps were installed to function as a single unit, with the option of decoupling one unit for hot water, providing additional functionality of reversing the system to cool the building in the summer.
Additional benefits are provided by income generated by the Feed-in Tariff and Renewable Heat Incentive.
- AJ Cooper Group – Glow-Worm Clearly Hybrid 14 kW Installation
- Cotswold Efficient Energy Centre – Ampney Crucis
- Dimplex Renewables – Solar PV at Zonal
- Revolution Power – Prudhoe Child and Mental Health Service
- Space Engineering Services – Tesco Renewable Hot Water and Space Heating Solution
- The Efficient Energy Corporation – The Coach House at Duncote
- Vaillant Group Regional HQ
- Vaillant & Ground Heat – Complete Renewables System
Renewable Project of the Year is sponsored by Remeha Commercial