Oakray Renewable Energy – Energy Centre
Opened last September, the company’s Energy Centre is already a centre of learning, with regular visits from representatives from educational establishments, social housing and public client organisations, as well as the hosting of CPD courses in renewable energy.
The Energy Centre was created by converting an existing three-bedroomed bungalow and installing a selection of renewable energy solutions and energy-saving technologies.
The result is that visitors can view working examples of solar photovoltaic, air-source and air-to-water heat pumps, solar thermal and RecoVAIR systems in one building.
The £700,000 investment by Oakray Renewable Energy is intended to increase awareness of the options available and to stimulate interest in the practice and increased use and understanding of renewable energy solutions within the built environment.
The company plans to increase its links with both industry contacts and educational establishments to allow the Energy Centre to become established in a national context.
- Daikin UK, Space Engineering Services & Tesco – Space Heating & Hot Water Solution
- Fläkt Woods – e3 Initiative
- Honeywell ACS Control Products – Fit a Thermostat Campaign
- Klima-Therm, Frascold, Geoclima & Waitrose – HFO Chiller
- Mitsubishi Electric – Green Gateway
- Norland Managed Services – Energy Matters
- Nuaire – Environmental Impact Reduction
- Sentinel – Carbon Trust Reduction Label
Environmental Initiative of the Year is sponsored by EnviroVent and Soler & Palau