The Code for Sustainable Homes could become mandatory for new homes.
The Department for Communities and Local Government has launched a consultation on the issue.
The consultation document is free to download from http://www.communities.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1511885
The consultation period runs from July 23 to October 23 2007.
The Government is appealing to the housing development industry, architects, construction companies, planners, energy efficiency specialists, environmental stakeholders and academics.
The document seeks views on:
- making a rating against the Code mandatory for new homes
- the connection between the Code and Energy Performance Certificates
- using Home Information Packs (HIPs) as the mechanism for making the Code rating available to prospective buyers
- when we should update the Code
- the future content of the Code, including introducing minimum standards for Lifetime Homes.
You can contribute to the consultation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively let us know your views by emailing to email@example.com